Saturday, October 3, 2009

Economy Down But Chip Sales Up

Sales Of Potato Chips Thriving In Recession:


"It seems that those of us who aren't chewing our nails these days are busy chewing potato chips. Chip sales have leaped by 22% since the economy started to go south, according to market research firm Mintel, which compared 2007 market data against its own market estimate for the category for full-year 2009."

I can't figure out why the sales are up, the price per pound on those things are outrageous, you can buy a pound of chop meat cheaper. When I do buy them, it's generally my local Kroger brand, they are as good as the national brand, but 1/2 the price (on sale of course).
 I will tell you one thing, supermarket Seniors Discount Days are getting very popular around here, with a %5 discount it's small wonder. Krogers is Tuesday, Harris Teeter is Thursdays and Food Lion is empty all week because it doesn't have one. I've even noticed that Targets food department is devoid of gray haired people because they're all buying on senior's day.

I'm sure you've noticed all of the pictures in my posts lately. Well it's because I've just learned how to insert them using a nifty text editor function, and I've also found that Google and Bing have a large collection of images to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment