Saturday, August 21, 2010

Your Technical Survival Kit Survey - LifeHacker

What's in Your Awesome Backpacks
"Earlier this week, we asked you what's in your backpack? You shared, and here are five that we thought were pretty great.


With so many bags we couldn't include them all but aimed for a variety, so be sure to check out the Original Post post to see them all. What were some of the most popular items in your bags? Laptops, phones, MP3 players, flash drives/hard drives, notebooks, writing implements, reading materials, snacks, condoms, and keys—but everyone had their own personal touch, like the following five bags:"

I ran across this article while browsing one of my favorite web sites LifeHacker, and thought it would be as interesting to you as it was to me. It's amazing the amount of things today's Road Warriors carry in their "back packs." The pictures in the article are a story in and of themselves.

Although I'm retired, and don't do the dreaded daily commute any more, I still carry a fully loaded Timbuk2 Messenger Bag (pictured above) around with me. I use it for volunteer work, library visits, and general appointments that require me to sit around and wait for any length of time. I fill the TB2 with the same type of goodies I used to carry on a daily basis for work, the the LIRR round trip, and business travel.
Determined to be on the correct side of the Digital Divide, I've replaced my Day Runner with a NetBook, and added some more modern technical goodies like a Digital Camera, Cell Phone, and the ubiquitous spare batteries, cables, chargers, etc. needed to support them.

I must admit that after reading the article I'm tempted to upgrade to a Back Pack, but knowing me I'll only put more junk in it. I also think my 66 year old back would strenuously object to the added load.

Since we Boomers don't carry around Back Packs, the question becomes:
What's Your Daily Tote, and What Do You Carry In It?



3 comments:

  1. I carry no bag. Being retired, I only carry psychological baggage

    ReplyDelete
  2. A test to see if entering just a name and no URL works

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another test of Name, No URL

    ReplyDelete