Saturday, November 21, 2009

Five Black Friday Deals


Five Black Friday Deals You Shouldn't Miss
"Here we go: one week until Black Friday. Am I excited? Pumped? Polishing the ol' credit card for a day of deal-crazed madness?
Don't get me wrong: I enjoy BF as much as the next cheapskate. But I'm weary of the month-long hype machine, what with all the 'leaked' ads, pre-Black Friday sales, and so on.
What's more, I have never, and will never, set foot in a retail store on Black Friday. I don't enjoy crowds, especially the deal-crazed variety. Oh, and 5 a.m.? That's sleep time, not stand-in-line-in-the-freezing-cold time.
My other issue: Like last year, the deals I've seen so far just aren't that great. Know why? Because everything's already dirt-cheap all year. Regular Cheapskate readers have seen the $50 GPS, the $80 Blu-ray player, the sub-$300 32-inch HDTV. Sadly for retailers, there's just not much room to go any lower."

I have to agree with the author of this article Rick Broida A.K.A. The Cheapskate. I think that these Black Friday prices aren't so great that they're worth standing in line at 5 a.m. for. Also with today's economy, Ole Man Deflation will drive down prices even further.
So if you don't need it yesterday, sit back, relax and remember Cash Is King.
That is until it's Ole Man Inflation's turn at bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment