Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ditch the Granny Knot to Tie Your Shoes More Efficiently - Knots - Lifehacker


Tie Your Shoes More Efficiently Lifehacker:
"Over at Runner's World they've put together an instructional video to go along with an informative article on the difference between Granny Knots and Reef Knots. Well tied shoes are important to runners, but anyone can benefit from the simple change in knot tying-methodology."

The subject of the article is great, the solution is great, the video is greater, but this may be one of those "ya can't teach an old dog new tricks" things.
I gave it a shot, and I'm going to keep trying because I'm tired of my laces coming untied during my morning "power walk". BUT after close to 60 years of Granny Knots, it's going to be tough.

Update:
It Works.
It's been a few days, and after much trial and error, I'm getting the hang of it.
The highpoint was when I used the method on a pair of ankle high "urban walkers" (boots) that I love. I stopped wearing them because after an hour the laces would come loose, but not any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment